JOB DESCRIPTION: Visitor Services
This front-line staff position is responsible for the physical opening and closing the Museum and gift shop. The Visitor Services staff person serves as the public face of the American Clock & Watch Museum, welcoming all visitors to the Museum, including those who call on the phone, and assisting with other tasks as needed. The work in this department is a direct reflection of the Museum. This position is part-time, approximately 10 hours a week, non-exempt.
- Opens and closes the museum to visitors at the established time. Ensures that the building is empty of visitors and that all doors are locked. Sets the alarm unless other staff remains in the building.
- Serves as the first line of contact for all guests that enter the museum whether it is to enjoy the museum, ask a research question or about artifact donations, make a purchase from the gift shop, attend an event, or meet with other staff.
- Warmly greets all visitors by creating a welcoming and friendly environment where they receive prompt, efficient, and pleasant service in person and on the phone.
- Provide an orientation to in-person visitors to the ACWM by offering information about the ACWM and its offerings, including programs, exhibitions, and membership.
- Efficiently and accurately processes ticket sales and track attendance statistics.
- Support the retail operations of the Gift Shop including restocking inventory, processing sales transactions and providing customer service.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from visitors, callers, and the general public. Distribute promotional materials, answer questions concerning exhibits, regulations, and facilities.
- Solicits and records visitor feedback, suggestions, complaints, and compliments about their experience at the American Clock & Watch Museum. Makes management aware of such feedback.
Requirements of the Visitor Services Staff:
- Positively represent ACWM through personal appearance, demeanor, friendliness and client interaction. Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with best efforts at maintaining and updating museum standards of excellence.
- Proven ability to work comfortably and efficiently with computers, registers, and other electronic processing equipment.
- High degree of comfort interacting with and assisting visitors of all ages and from all backgrounds.
- Must possess the ability to accurately and responsibly handle cash, change, credit cards, and other financial processes at a workstation.
- Flexibility in schedules is required. Weekdays, holidays, and weekend hours are required with some evening hours possible.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Must work onsite.
- High School diploma, Customer service and/or retail experience preferred.
- Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Visitor Services in subject line.
- Mail your resume and cover letter to American Clock & Watch Museum, 100 Maple Street, Bristol, CT 06010.