American Clock & Watch Museum, Bristol, CT
The mission of the American Clock & Watch Museum, a non-profit museum, is to celebrate the innovation and artistry of the clock and watch industries through unique collections that engage, educate, and enrich its community. We are seeking an experienced, thoughtful, and effective Development Coordinator to join a small, dedicated staff in supporting its mission and programs. This position is available as either a consultant or a part-time staff position.
The Development Coordinator will work to stimulate and increase funding support and develop sustainable relationships with individual donors and institutional funders. They will create fundraising strategies that increase the organization's support from individuals, corporations, foundations, businesses, and other sources.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Working with the Board of Directors, Development Committee, and leadership to coordinate and implement long-term strategic fundraising plans
- Stimulating and developing sustainable relationships with current and prospective donors and major gift donors.
- Creating fundraising strategies that increase the organization's support from corporations, foundations, business sponsors, and other sources.
- Increasing participation in the Legacy Society (planned giving) and monitoring its progress
The individual will work collaboratively with other museum staff on:
- Grant writing, including researching and identification of appropriate grants and sponsorships
- Managing the annual fund, including creating donor solicitation and recognition materials, and coordinating donor communications
- Developing and planning Fundraising and Donor events
The individual will report to the Museum’s Executive Director.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3 years experience in non-profit development; Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills; Experience with grant writing and knowledge of foundations and other funding sources; Experience with PastPerfect software is a plus, but not required.
The Development Coordinator is a part-time position (20 hours a week with occasional evening and weekend hours) and not eligible for health benefits. Salary range: $24 - $28/hour.
Send cover letter and resume, including contact information for three references, to American Clock & Watch Museum, c/o Development Search, 100 Maple St., Bristol, CT 06010 or email to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.